Welcome to Evidence of NOW…
Together, dear reader, lets us reach within and stir our potentiality with spirit in our tone; let’s deliver a collective beat to challenge assumptions and oil the wondrous roads of growth and fulfillment.
Who is Evidence Of Now … For?
Evidence Of… is for those who dream of sharing their creativity with both like-minded people and with the world. It is specifically designed to showcase both the breadth and depth of our work, and most importantly to inspire others to do the same!
This is a platform for those creatives looking for a place to publish their poetry, stories, their art, and musings about both the benefits and challenges of the creative life of multipotentialites and everyone who is envisioning more for their lives. This is a place to connect with others who are on the same journey.
What Does EON Want?
We want to be wowed by your work because we know you have the talent.
The Basic Rules
- We prefer drafts fresh off the keyboard. That way we have the chance to work with you and polish the piece if need be, plus it gives your story more time on our front page. It’s better for you and our readers. Win, win!
- One submission per month at least per staff’s writer, and one maximum per month by each guest writer. We want to give everyone a chance to share their words and this will help vary the featured stories.
- The editors are more curators than proofreaders. It is the writer’s responsibility to send high quality, proofread work and include legally obtained images.
The Content Guides
- Evidence Of Now… articles focus on the struggles and joys of being creative and Being a Creative with many, many interests. Share engaging stories that help others take control of their careers and lives, or help readers to feel they are not alone in their struggles.
- According to successful writers & publications, the best articles tend to have helpful personal examples, interviews, research, high-quality data, etc.. We want our articles to be useful as evergreen content to help people for years to come.
- Stories can be any genre. We simply want you to show off your best creative work.
Ideal story length
We prefer to publish articles and stories between 900–2,000 words. Research has found the ideal story length to be a sweet spot with a 7-minute reading time.
General Content Guidelines:
- You may not sell advertising in or on your content.
- The predominant purpose of a story should not be to drive traffic to an external website, business, or product.
- If you have received compensation, free goods/services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a story, you must make this clear.
- Similarly, you must disclose affiliate links (e.g., Amazon affiliate links to a book). For example, you can put this line at the top of your story: “Disclosure: This story contains affiliate links.”
- Do not ask or include other calls to action, including requests for donations, or other links or embeds for the purpose of capturing user information or soliciting money.
What We Don’t Want
- Pieces that are divisive, erotic, or gratuitously violent.
- Articles that stray too far from our focus of being creative, or how art and life intersect.
- Excessive spelling and grammatical errors.
- Stories that are not fully developed or are missing a plot or point.
- Stories that were published in other publications. Again, we have to play fair.
How To Submit?
- Fill our contact form saying that you’d like to write for us. We’ll have a look at your previous work and be in touch.
- And send a draft to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you submit it’s a good idea to:
- Choose a pretty picture from somewhere like unsplash.com and with site credit. Tip: Make the picture large, it looks better as a thumbnail.
- Add some tags so we can more easily schedule content.
What to Expect
- You should receive a response in about 2–3 days. Sometimes 4–5 depending on life. We hope you understand and know we are excited to read your submissions.
- We may suggest changes to your story to make it the best it can be and we might fix little typos we catch or problems with formatting.
- Highlight, comment, share and respond to stories you love on Evidence Of Now….
- Respond to comments on your article or stories.
- Subscribe to this publication to get updates.
- Have fun!
- Feel free to ask us any questions you have.
About Evidence Of Now
Evidence Of Now
Is a collaborative project for and by explorers with a lifetime experience not following linear paths and common guidelines in life and an array of cool disparate interests serving as their North Stars.